Torino – Salernitana Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Torino – Salernitana Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 4, 2024.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 23
Kick-off: 12:30 Torino – Salernitana
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Torino – Salernitana Prediction and Preview
- Torino ended January three points behind the top-six as their hopes of European group stage football for the first time since 2014/15 remain in place. Only two defeats across their last 12 Serie A matches (W6, D4) bear testimony to how they’ve been bracing themselves for this challenge, whilst only the top-two sides ahead of this matchday, Inter Milan and Juventus, possess a meaner defence than Ivan Jurić’s side (GA19), even if that masks over the fact that their strike force has struggled to even average a goal per game this league season.
- Those worries could be put to bed in Turin as the hosts are unbeaten across five games at Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino (W4, D1), including mightily impressive 3-0 wins over top-four hopefuls Atalanta and defending champions Napoli in that time. That was also the scoreline in the reverse fixture against Salernitana, which extended their unbeaten top-flight H2H run to seven matches in the process (W5, D2).
- Salernitana are struggling to get off the bottom of the table and their worries are amplified by a run of eight competitive losses across ten games (W1, D1) which sees them enter here six points from safety. The visitors have now lost their last four league games by an identical 2-1 margin, putting them in danger of recording five consecutive top-flight defeats for the first-time in club history.
- The visitors’ away record doesn’t inspire much confidence of stopping that rut either, as Salernitana have lost eight of their last ten road trips (W1, D1). The last four of those games even saw them take a lead and the visiting fans will hope for that trend to continue here, as they also netted the match opener in their last top-flight away H2H here in a 1-1 draw last season.
- Players to watch: Antonio Sanabria scored Torino’s opener in their last home game and has netted a goal in each of his three previous H2Hs. His namesake Antonio Candreva scored Salernitana’s last away goal, whilst he has also recorded eight goal contributions (G5, A3) across 20 personal top-flight H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Ahead of this matchday, Salernitana have won the fewest points in Serie A league matches in which they scored first this season (W1, D1, L4).