Mallorca – Real Sociedad Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today COPA DEL REY: Mallorca – Real Sociedad Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 6, 2024.
Football: SPAIN: COPA DEL REY – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 21:00 Mallorca – Real Sociedad
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Mallorca – Real Sociedad Prediction and Preview
- Frustrated manager Javier Aguirre will be expecting a response from Mallorca after being left furious by their heaviest defeat since May 2022. The head coach described his side’s performance in their 4-0 loss to Athletic Bilbao as “bad and bad” and his side are now five La Liga games (D2, L3) without a win, leaving them firmly in the heat of a relegation battle.
- He’ll hope the distraction of Copa del Rey action can help give his Pirates a platform to spring back into life as they eye a place in the final for the first time since winning the competition in 2002/03. If they are to get past opponents Real Sociedad in this semi-final, then a first-leg lead could be vital, and they have at least proved tough to beat at Son Moix despite their poor recent form, losing just two of their last 19 fixtures here across all competitions (W7, D10).
- The visitors will travel as favourites and with the chance of extending their recent run of just one defeat in 18 outings since early November (W9, D8). The White and Blues have kept 11 clean sheets during that period, including back-to-back 0-0 draws, the most recent of which came against high-flying Girona in the league on Saturday.
- History is with the away side who have conceded just one goal in the last eight H2Hs (W7, D1). The majority of those matches have come under the tenure of manager Imanol Alguacil, who is doing such a good job at the Reale Arena that he has been linked with – and subsequently ruled himself out of – replacing Xavi as Barcelona boss. That will be music to the ears of Sociedad fans, who are hoping to see their team move one step closer to a third Copa del Rey title, having last lifted the trophy in 2019/20.
- Key battle: Mallorca striker Cyle Larin has scored in each of his four Copa del Rey appearances this season. Attempting to thwart him will be goalkeeper Álex Remiro, who has kept six clean sheets in eight unbeaten H2Hs (W7, D1).
- Hot stat: The team who has scored first has won Real Sociedad’s last 16 Copa del Rey fixtures, with only three of those games seeing both teams score.