Dortmund – Freiburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today BUNDESLIGA: Dortmund – Freiburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, February 9, 2024.
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 20:30 Dortmund – Freiburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Dortmund – Freiburg Prediction and Preview
- Borussia Dortmund’s perfect start to 2024 finally hit a snag last time out as they were held to a 0-0 draw by Heidenheim – their first goalless draw in the Bundesliga since way back in October 2019! Edin Terzic’s men remain in the top-four, but with RB Leipzig only a point behind the Black and Yellows, room for error remains at a premium.
- A return to Signal Iduna Park should help refocus minds ahead of the visit of Freiburg, a side Dortmund have won each of the last four H2Hs against, scoring a whopping 17 goals in the process. This is a fixture that the Yellow Wall has loved in recent years, as they’ve not seen their side lose a H2H on home soil since October 2001 that saw their current Sporting Director Sebastian Kehl score against them!
- The Freiburg faithful have good reason to lack confidence for this fixture then, illustrated by a worrying run of form that’s seen them win just one of their last five matches (D1, L3). That includes an active two-match losing streak, with both defeats coming by a 3-1 scoreline. Christian Streich’s men could now lose three consecutive Bundesliga games for the first time since November 2021!
- They’ve also lost successive outings on their travels, and have accumulated just ten of their 28 points this term away from home. Solving a bout of travel sickness here looks unlikely, but if Freiburg are to cause an upset, they’ll need to find their shooting boots as the last two occasions in which they’ve avoided defeat on this ground, they scored twice.
- Key battle: Dortmund stalwart Mats Hummels netted a brace in the reverse fixture, with both goals putting the Black and Yellows in front. He may be tasked with tying down Freiburg’s Vincenzo Grifo after the Italian directly contributed to four goals in his last three matches (G2, A2), but he’s only lost more times in the Bundesliga against Bayern (12) than Dortmund (nine).
- Hot stat: Ten of the last 12 Dortmund-held H2Hs saw over 2.5 goals scored.