G.A. Eagles – Zwolle Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EREDIVISIE: G.A. Eagles – Zwolle Prediction and Tips for today, February 11, 2024.
Football: NETHERLANDS: EREDIVISIE – ROUND 21
Kick-off: 12:15 G.A. Eagles – Zwolle
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
G.A. Eagles – Zwolle Prediction and Preview
- This season there are once again five teams that are standing head and shoulders above the rest, but Go Ahead Eagles can currently claim the mantle of ‘best of the rest’. After all, the Eagles occupied sixth place in the run-up to this round, in which the next IJsselderby is on the program. Go Ahead was praised in the first half of the season mostly for some excellent results in home games, but more recently their last four home games in the Eredivisie yielded a total of only one point.
- Whilst their last two matches away from home were won 2-0, Go Ahead has conceded at least two goals in each of their last four Eredivisie home games, but that will all be taken for granted if this derby resolves itself in favour of the team from Deventer. With only three defeats in their last 11 meetings with archrivals PEC Zwolle (W5, D3), they should at least be confident of a positive outcome.
- Prior to this round, the Zwolle side was also occupying one of the playoff spots after they remained undefeated for five straight matches which included visits to strong clubs AZ, Ajax and Sparta Rotterdam. In their last seven Eredivisie away games, they have only lost to PSV (W3, D3), which sets them up nicely to take some points home from Deventer.
- Johnny Jansen’s side struck twice in four of their last five matches and now boast six players who have scored three or more Eredivisie goals this season. But in recent weeks it was goalkeeper Jasper Schendelaar who has distinguished himself with some fine football. Despite being called upon to make a total of 12 saves in his last two appearances, he recorded clean sheets in both.
- Players to watch: Eagles captain Bas Kuipers was directly involved in a goal in three of his last five appearances (G1, A2), whilst Zwolle’s Lennart Thy has scored a total of four times in his last four away games.
- Hot stat: Go Ahead scored exactly one goal in each of the last six IJsselderbies.