Juventus – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Juventus – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today, February 12, 2024.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 20:45 Juventus – Udinese
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Juventus – Udinese Prediction and Preview
- A highly anticipated Serie A top-of-the-table clash between Juventus and Inter didn’t end well for Massimiliano Allegri’s men who suffered a 1-0 defeat after defender Federico Gatti netted an own goal. That defeat was a first competitive loss since mid-September, yet the Bianconeri still come into this round four points adrift of top spot and desperate to get back to winning ways against a struggling Udinese.
- There’s no need to panic in the title race as Juventus still hold a four point cushion to third-placed AC Milan ahead of the round, but the fact the Bianconeri registered their first back-to-back winless games this term means they’ll be expected to issue an immediate response. It’s perhaps good news then that Udinese come to town as Juventus have won eight consecutive home H2Hs, scoring exactly four goals in three of the last six.
- That’s not a good sign for lowly Udinese who registered their 13th stalemate of the season against Monza (0-0) despite registering 21 shots – their highest total in a single league game this season. However, it has been mainly their joint-league low two wins which is the key reason why they start this round only a point above the relegation zone.
- The last time Udinese had only two wins after the opening 23 rounds in Serie A was back in 1979/80, and while they eventually survived that season, it was only thanks to the fact Milan and Lazio were relegated due to a match-fixing scandal. The visitors can’t rely on something similar here and will need to start picking up points quickly, but they are winless in five away league matches (D2, L3) – a run which hasn’t been helped by shipping five goals beyond the 80th minute during that run.
- Players to watch: While he scored at the wrong end last time out, Juventus defender Gatti does also have three winning goals to his name this Serie A season, all of which arrived in the second-half. Similarly dangerous after the break, Lazar Samardžić has scored seven of his ten all-time goals for Udinese beyond half-time.
- Hot stat: No side in Serie A has scored fewer than Udinese’s one first-half away league goal this season.