Leicester – Sheffield Wed Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today CHAMPIONSHIP: Leicester – Sheffield Wed Prediction and Tips for today, February 12, 2024.
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 20:45 Leicester – Sheffield Wed
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Leicester – Sheffield Wed Prediction and Preview
- After taking an ultimately unassailable 2-0 lead against Watford over the weekend, Leicester City ground out a 2-1 victory which extended their flying form to just one defeat across their last 17 competitive games (W13, D3). That run has left them 11 points clear at the Championship summit and looking like dead certainties to make an immediate return to the Premier League, barring any catastrophes.
- One such catastrophe could be a repeat of the draw Leicester played out against relegation-threatened Sheffield Wednesday back in November. It has been over two decades since these two sides played out a pair of league H2H draws in a season, so the Foxes will hope to extend that wait even longer by strengthening what is their longest unbeaten run of home league games (W6, D1) since an 11-game streak in 2019.
- Although they enter this clash at double-figure odds to win, Wednesday should travel with confidence after a 2-0 win over Birmingham on Friday cut the gap to safety to five points. Owls boss Danny Röhl gave a rallying cry in the wake of that victory, urging his side to “fight” for each other, and they’ll need every ounce of that fighting spirit here, but to their credit they have at least taken a point from two of the top-three sides already this season.
- One of those draws was away from home against automatic promotion-chasing Leeds, although that 0-0 stalemate was one of a Championship-worst nine occasions in which Wednesday failed to score in away action this season. Adding to that is another league-high record of 12 travelling defeats (W2, D1, L12), which is certainly not helped by the Owls’ horrendous return of just seven scored goals in such games.
- Players to watch: Patson Daka finds himself in inspired form on all fronts, making goal contributions in eight of his last ten appearances for club & country (G7, A3), which includes scoring a penalty in his last two Leicester appearances. As for Wednesday, Iké Ugbo scored his first goals for the club on Saturday (G2), meaning he has scored the eventual winner in his last two Championship scoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Leicester have scored more home league goals after the 76th minute (ten) than they have in the entire first-half (seven) this season.