Tottenham – Brighton betting tips for today, December 28, 2019
- Brighton come into this game hoping to regain some momentum after going winless in their last three Premier League (PL) home fixtures (D1, L2), and the fact that they have conceded first on each occasion hardly helps. Notably, they have failed to win each of the nine PL fixtures in which they have conceded the opening goal this campaign (D2, L7).
- However, if they find a return to winning ways here, it will likely be with a clean sheet, as the ‘Seagulls’ have registered one in four of their last five home league victories. That said, they have been winning at half-time in only one of nine at home this term (D7, L1).
- Bournemouth’s 1-0 victory versus Chelsea in their last PL away outing bore some significance, with the result making it four straight away league fixtures being settled by a one-goal margin (W1, L3). Notably, they have won three of four PL roads trips in which they have scored the opening goal.
- Encouragingly, the ‘Cherries’ hold the title of fastest away starters this league campaign, having scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes on the road (GF 5, GA 2) than any other side in the top flight.
- Players to watch: Brighton striker Neal Maupay has scored five of his seven league goals to date after the break.
- Meanwhile, Bournemouth top league scorer Harry Wilson has netted all but one of his six PL goals this term on the road.
- Stat attack: Six (54.54%) of the 11 home goals Brighton have conceded in this PL campaign have come after the hour mark.
- Bournemouth have only led at half-time in four (21.05%) of their PL matches this season.
- Three of the last four competitive H2Hs have featured over 3.5 goals, including the last two played here in the PL.