Match Preview: Brighton 1-1 Chelsea Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Brighton – Chelsea betting tips for today, January 1, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 21
Kick-off: 13:30 Brighton – Chelsea
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Brighton and Hove Albion’s 2-0 victory over Bournemouth on Saturday represented their third win this season to see them win both halves, taking their Premier League (PL) rate of doing so when winning to 50% this campaign. In turn, the ‘Seagulls’ boast an impressive four wins from their last seven PL home games (W4, D1, L2).
- The first goal will likely be crucial, as all six of the above games won/lost went the way of the first scorer. The same can be said of last season’s corresponding clash in Falmer, which marked Brighton’s second successive home defeat against Chelsea to see them trail 2-0 at halt-time.
- Chelsea’s priceless win over Arsenal was their second across the final three games of 2019 to see them win one half by a 2-0 scoreline, taking the Blues’ ten-game PL win rate on the road to an impressive 70%.
- One side seems bound to make a strong start, with just one team scoring in the first half in five of the last six games within that sequence. Going into this clash, eight of Chelsea’s last nine PL away matches have seen both teams score, making this seem very unpredictable.
- Players to watch: Aaron Mooy rounded off the scoring for Brighton on Saturday, and his last six goals have come as part of matches settled by a margin of over 1.5 goals.
- Chelsea star Tammy Abraham got the winner vs Arsenal, and his last seven goals have served to give his side a lead (six as first scorer).
- Stat attack: Every Brighton home match to yield a 2-0 scoreline this season (W2, L2) has seen the final goal arrive beyond the 75th minute.
- Five of Brighton’s last six home goals scored during wins have arrived beyond the hour mark.
- Chelsea’s win-rate as PL away favourites this season is currently 85.71%, up 29.46% from the whole of 2018/19.
Match Preview: Leicester - West Ham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Aston Villa 2-1 Watford Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: West Brom 0-1 Stoke Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Venlo 1-1 PSV Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie