Valencia – Eibar betting tips for today, January 4, 2020
- There is no shortage of motivation for Valencia to extend a four-game unbeaten run (W2, D2) to five for the second time this La Liga (LL) season, with the club craving their first win against Eibar since 2015/16 (D2, L4).
- Second-half equalisers have been a feature of each of those four matches, with Valencia responsible for two and fighting to defeat Villarreal despite conceding on that occasion. They remain one of just three LL clubs unbeaten at home, though they’d be keen to improve upon a win rate of 57.30% (W4, D3) when classified as a favourite at home.
- Their opponents, Eibar, have not seen the same result produced in consecutive away LL matches since early October, while a record of: W1, D3, L3, as the away outsider suggests they could be capable of anything; though they will likely need to land the first punch, having lost seven of nine games (W2) home or away when conceding the opening goal.
- Matches involving Eibar have produced plenty of late drama throughout the season. Not only have 41.30% of LL goals scored or conceded by the club fallen after the 60th minute, but the result after an hour has been confirmed at the final whistle in only half of their 18 matches to date.
- Players to watch: Valencia’s leading goalscorer Dani Parejo has scored in just one of eight career meetings with Eibar, and could be outshone by Eibar’s Sergi Enrich, who finally opened his 2019/20 account before the break and has three career goals against Valencia.
- Stat attack: Valencia have collected just 15 bookings at home this LL season (1.67 per game).
- Referee Alejandro José Hernández Hernández is awarding 5.89 yellow cards per LL game this season, the second most in the division after 18 rounds.
- The last three H2Hs have produced under 2.5 total goals, while only one of the last four has seen the half-time result replicated at full-time.