Match Preview: Granada CF 1-0 Mallorca Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Granada CF – Mallorca betting tips for today, January 5, 2020
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 19
Kick-off: 12:00 Granada CF – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- Making their best start to a top-flight season this decade, Granada have built up one of the division’s finest win rates (71.43% – W5, L2) as a home favourite in 2019/20. Seeing their last 13 league points all collected at home, Granada also boast the accolade of having collected points in both H2H clashes with Mallorca (W1, D1) last season.
- One of just four remaining La Liga (LL) clubs to have not received a red card after 18 rounds, Granada will likely need to land the first blow, despite that impressive win rate. They have maintained a perfect home record (W5) when scoring first thus far.
- In that context, it is a concern for Mallorca that they have conceded the first goal of the match in every away trip in the league to date. So too is the fact that Mallorca have lost the ‘race to three corners’ in seven of their eight LL away games, showing distressing shyness at both ends.
- Plenty of goals are expected regardless, with all but one of Mallorca’s last eight LL games producing at least 2.5 total goals. Much of that is down to Mallorca’s hapless defending, with the matchday underdogs having conceded at least two goals in seven of their last eight matches.
- Players to watch: Álvaro Vadillo (GRA) recorded assists in both league meetings with Mallorca last season.
- Ante Budimir (MAL) has returned to goalscoring form, recording Mallorca’s final goal of the game in two of his last three appearances.
- Stat attack: Granada’s average of 2.83 yellow cards per-game is one of the highest in the league.
- Mallorca have scored just one LL away goal before the hour mark from open play this term.
- Referee César Soto Grado has sent-off just one player in his nine league assignments this season.