Bologna – Fiorentina betting tips for today, January 6, 2020
- After trading 0-0 draws last season, Bologna and Fiorentina enter their first clash of the season with dramatically different formlines. Bologna broke through with three victories in December (L1), two with half-time leads and one in spite of trailing at the break at Napoli, to record their best points tally of the decade in the 12th month of the year.
- Goals are almost guaranteed at both ends, with Bologna’s last 11 Serie A (SA) matches producing over 2.5 total goals (six of them over 3.5) and with both teams contributing to the scoresheet on all 11 occasions. With the opening goal of the game recorded in the first half hour in four of Bologna’s eight home games, the action could kick off early.
- In addition, both teams have scored in all but two of Fiorentina’s last nine league fixtures, with ‘La Viola’ conceding the opening goal of the game in each of those nine (W1, D2, L6) to put them on the back foot early.
- As a result of recording just two first-half goals since the beginning of October, Fiorentina have failed to record a half-time lead on a single occasion in 11 matches played since. However, two victories away to clubs in a similar position in the table to Bologna offers some hope of a surprise upset.
- Players to watch: Home ground bully Rodrigo Palacio (BOL) has scored in four of Bologna’s last six SA games at home – his last four club goals. Meanwhile, Federico Chiesa (FIO) has scored in two of his last four appearances against Bologna.
- Stat attack: Bologna have won the ‘race to three corners’ in just two of eight home games this SA season, whilst Fiorentina have failed to do so in all of their away fixtures.
- No team has collected more yellow cards than Bologna’s 57 (3.35 per game) after week 17.
- Referee Paolo Valeri has sent off just one player in his seven SA appearances this season.