Match Preview: Rennes 0-1 Marseille Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Rennes – Marseille betting tips for today, January 10, 2020
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20
Kick-off: 20:45 Rennes – Marseille
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
- Since being relieved of European obligations in late November, Rennes have reeled off five consecutive Ligue 1 (L1) victories for the first time since 2010/11, with goals inside the final 15 minutes sealing victory in six of their last seven L1 wins.
- Enjoying their best season of the last decade, Rennes are in a great position to secure just their second L1 home win against Olympique de Marseille since 2007/08 (W1, D6, L4). Strong second-half performances have also seen them record five straight home league wins despite leading at half-time just twice.
- With both teams scoring in four of Rennes’ last five L1 home games, as well as four of the last five H2Hs (all venues), Marseille are graced with an opportunity to stretch their L1 unbeaten run to nine (W7, D1). However, a record of: W1, D1, L1 as an away outsider, as well as points dropped in three of their four away trips to clubs in the bottom quarter of the table after 19 weeks, fails to inspire.
- That said, they haven’t been short of improvement after half-time themselves: in addition to a perfect away record when opening the scoring (W3), Marseille have rescued league points in two of the four occasions (W1, D1) in which they conceded the opener.
- Players to watch: Rennes’ leading L1 goalscorer, M’Baye Niang, scored in September at Marseille, and has netted the opener in three of his last five home league appearances.
- Nemanja Radonjić has scored inside the final half hour in two of his last three L1 away games.
- Stat attack: Rennes have won the ‘race to three corners’ in just two of their nine L1 home games.
- No team has collected more yellow cards after 19 weeks than Marseille’s 44 (2.32 per game).
- Conversely, Rennes have collected more bookings than their opponents just twice at home this L1 season.
Match Preview: Leicester - West Ham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Aston Villa 2-1 Watford Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: West Brom 0-1 Stoke Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Venlo 1-1 PSV Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie