Match Preview: Kazakhstan 2-2 Ukraine Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Kazakhstan – Ukraine Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 1, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 15:00 Kazakhstan – Ukraine
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Kazakhstan – Ukraine Match Preview
- Minnows Kazakhstan have found the international footballing world tough, having never qualified for a major tournament in 12 attempts since their independence in 1991. Earning a point from their opening two games to kickstart this World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) campaign did see FIFA’s #124 ranked nation display some heart, but they’ve still won only three of their previous 44 WCQ games (D7, L34).
- The Kazaks are always up against it wherever they play, shown by just a solitary win vs #209 ranked San Marino across their last eight home games (D1, L6). They will, however, be celebrating the fact that this fixture is being played just one week prior to the 17th anniversary of their first official game since joining UEFA from the AFC, a game that resulted in a 2-1 home loss to none-other than their opponents here, Ukraine.
- Ukraine travel here after a peculiar Euro 2020 which saw them reach the quarter-finals, but end the tournament losing more games than they won/drew within 90 minutes (W1, D1, L3). Focusing now on reaching their second WC finals, FIFA’s 25th ranked nation began qualification with a trio of 1-1 draws that saw them lose, draw, and win at HT respectfully in those games, showing their unpredictability.
- Gaining their independence a mere 115 days before their opponents, Ukraine have never lost against Kazakhstan (W4, D1). That’s not to say they’ve had it all their own way, with the reverse WC qualifier in March seeing a 1-1 draw, whilst Ukraine had to come from behind to secure victory in the H2H before that.
- Players to watch: Captain Azat Nurgaliev, who assisted Kazakhstan’s equaliser in the last H2H, has scored 66.67% of his domestic goals this season at home. Meanwhile, Roman Yaremchuk netted the opener for Ukraine when these sides last met.
- Hot stat: Ukraine have only lost two of their previous 21 competitive fixtures against nations currently ranked worse than themselves (W14, D5).