Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 28, 2021
Celta Vigo – Real Sociedad Match Preview
- Celta Vigo are aiming for back-to-back top-half finishes despite being the lowest league survivors in successive seasons prior, yet with two defeats in their last three games, they’ll be targets for the division’s current bottom three who may fancy their chances of overtaking them in the La Liga (LL) table. Celta won last time out, but with three losses in the last four home league H2Hs vs Real Sociedad, they seem deserving of underdog status here.
- Home form overall (W1, L4) remains the principal culprit behind Celta’s difficult start, though nine of Celta’s last ten LL home games (including all five this season) have been settled by a single-goal margin. This suggests that only small tactical changes are needed for Celta to climb the table.
- Like last season, Sociedad have enjoyed a reign as early pacesetters, though they will be frustrated at the manner in which they threw away two points (from 2-0 up) in Sunday’s draw at Atlético Madrid. The Basque club will hope history doesn’t repeat itself in the coming weeks, as they sat in the top two after ten matchdays last year, only to finish a distant fifth behind Sevilla.
- That process began with three LL draws, despite Sociedad being consistent pre-match favourites in all. Echoing that, their recent litany of results also shows fine margins, with none of their last nine games producing a scoreline separating the sides by two or more goals.
- Players to watch: Santi Mina smashed a second-half brace in Celta’s 3-0 victory at Getafe on Monday, during which the first two goals on the night were assisted by Brais Méndez. There was also a double appearance on the scoresheet for Sociedad’s Alexander Isak the day before – he bagged a goal and an assist in the capital against Atlético.
- Hot stat: Celta are without a first-half goal from open play in six home matches.