Sassuolo – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Sassuolo – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 15, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 18
Kick-off: 12:30 Sassuolo – Lazio
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Sassuolo – Lazio Prediction and Preview
- With 2023 marking the tenth anniversary of Sassuolo’s maiden entry into Serie A (SA), they would have hoped for much better than a two-game losing start to the New Year. A brace of 2-1 defeats – which featured no open-play goals for the Neroverdi – has left Alessio Dionisi’s men in the bottom-five, but still a reasonably comfortable seven points clear of danger.
- Those losses also form part of a winless streak going back to a 4-0 trouncing at leaders Napoli in October (D1, L5) – the same month in which the Neroverdi last kept a clean sheet, with all of their following four home games seeing the visitors on the day net first. While alarming, that can only motivate the likes of joint top-scorer Davide Frattesi into starting well – despite his recent links to a move away from the Mapei Stadium.
- Lazio’s own start to 2023 has been similarly drab (D1, L1), after most recently letting a two-goal lead slip at home to mid-table Empoli (D 2-2). That collapse led coach Maurizio Sarri to identify “great difficulty at the mental level” as the main culprit, rather than physical weakness. However, he has hinted at a quiet transfer window in lieu of drastic changes.
- That sour turn also meant Lazio would end the previous round three points adrift of fourth-placed Inter, and while it’s still only January, Albiceleste fans will know that the room for error in the chase for UEFA Champions League spots is already small. A match against Sassuolo has, however, offered mixed results over the last few years with the last four fixtures all going the way of the home side of the day, but Lazio will have high hopes of avoiding a third straight defeat at this stadium with the hosts in such poor form.
- Players to watch: Vying with Frattesi to be Sassuolo’s top gun, Domenico Berardi has netted a second-half penalty in each of their last two outings, while Ciro Immobile’s first goal since returning from injury for Lazio was also cloaked by defeat (1-2 vs Lecce). However, he’s personally unbeaten across eight prior SA matches in which he’s scored against the Neroverdi! (W7, D1)
- Hot stat: Twelve (80%) of Lazio’s SA goals conceded this term have come after half-time.