Match Preview: Aston Villa 0-0 Burnley Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Aston Villa – Burnley Betting Tips for today, December 17, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 13
Kick-off: 19:00 Aston Villa – Burnley
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Impressive Aston Villa have won six of their ten Premier League (PL) matches so far (W6, L4), and are subsequently five places and seven points better off than at the same stage of last season. Villa’s attack has been one of their most striking assets and their average of 2.1 goals scored per game is the division’s second best, although they have scored just once in each of their previous three matches.
- Worryingly though, Villa have lost three consecutive PL home matches and have also conceded 2+ goals in each of their previous four at home. A minor consolation is that they won the corner count in each of those three defeats, securing 6+ match corners in all three.
- Improving Burnley have lost only one of their previous five PL matches (W2, D2, L1), and despite a heavy loss away at Manchester City, boast a good recent defensive record which has seen them secure three clean sheets across their previous five matches. A lack of goals is an ongoing issue though, and they have scored just six times this PL campaign.
- A Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang own goal on Sunday handed the ‘Clarets’ their first PL away win (W1, D2, L3). The timing of that goal also continued an intriguing trend this season which has seen all of their goals arrive exclusively in either the opening 15 minutes of the match or inside the 61st to 75th minute segment.
- Players to watch: Anwar El Ghazi’s stoppage-time winner on Saturday was Villa’s fourth since the start of last season – twice as many as any other side. Meanwhile, Burnley’s Chris Wood has missed the second-highest number of ‘big chances’ in the PL this season (eight), but he did score in the last H2H.
- Hot stat: Since the start of 2019/20, ten opposition players have been sent off against Villa, two more than any other side.
|Head-to-head matches: ASTON VILLA – BURNLEY|
|01.01.20||PL||Burnley||Aston Villa||1 : 2|
|28.09.19||PL||Aston Villa||Burnley||2 : 2|
|24.05.15||PL||Aston Villa||Burnley||0 : 1|
|29.11.14||PL||Burnley||Aston Villa||1 : 1|
|27.10.10||EFL||Aston Villa||Burnley||2 : 1 (1 : 1)|