Lille – Rennes betting tips for today, February 4, 2020
- Lille snapped a three-match Ligue 1 (L1) losing streak with a win last time out, as they look to stay in the top four. Teams from fourth to ninth are separated by just two points, but Lille’s impressive home form could prove the difference, with 26 of their 34 points coming here (W8, D2, L1).
- Either way this could be a close encounter, as five of the nine winners in Lille’s L1 home matches have arrived via a single-goal margin. Furthermore, Lille are without a draw in nine L1 games (W5, L4 – all venues), a run that saw six fixtures finish via a single-goal margin, and four end 1-0.
- Rennes have seven wins from their last nine L1 matches (W7, D1, L1), and appear to follow a ‘late action’ blueprint. The visitors have witnessed 26% of their total match goals (scored/conceded) this league campaign arrive beyond the 80th minute (13/50). Subsequently Rennes have kept 17 L1 first-half clean sheets, with 11 of their last 18 L1 matches remaining goalless at half-time, including the previous six.
- The visitors have also exhibited an affinity to tight games – 16 of Rennes’ 18 L1 matches (seven of eight on the road) to see a winner were decided by a single goal. Furthermore, five of Rennes’ last seven L1 matches to see a winner ended via a 1-0 scoreline either way.
- Players to watch: Victor Osimhen has been Lille’s final scorer with his last five L1 strikes, while Raphinha did the same for Rennes in three of the four L1 matches in which he’s found the net.
- Stat attack: Lille have conceded 3.3 corners per game across their last ten L1 home matches.
- Lille have scored seven of their 26 L1 goals (26.92%) beyond the 75th minute.
- Rennes retrieved points in six of the ten L1 matches in which they conceded first (W4, D2, L4).