Match Preview: CFR Cluj 1-1 Sevilla Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
CFR Cluj – Sevilla betting tips for today, February 20, 2020
Football: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
Kick-off: 18:55 CFR Cluj – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
- Romania’s CFR Cluj have started as outsiders at home on three occasions in their ongoing continental campaign (W1, D1, L1). That sequence includes a comeback 2-1 home victory over Lazio in the UEFA Europa League (UEL) group stage, which marked Cluj’s only UEL group stage match this term to produce over 2.5 total goals.
- Unlike that victory, all the other five contests involving Cluj saw one team win-to-nil. Despite that strong result vs Lazio, Cluj have still been outscored nearly 3:1 (GF 4, GA 11) at home by clubs from any current top four coefficient-ranked UEFA association since the start of 2010/11 (W1, D1, L3).
- In an echo of Cluj’s group stage form, only one amongst Sevilla’s own set of six group stage matches saw both teams find the back of the net. Furthermore, five of Sevilla’s six meetings with Romanian opposition at any venue this century have seen under 2.5 total goals with only one team scoring.
- Specialists in the ‘late show’, Sevilla went on to win three of the four group stage games which produced 0-0 half-time results, with 11 of their 17 goals scored or conceded falling after the 60th minute. Additionally, Sevilla did not concede at all inside the first hour (GF 6, GA 0) in the group stage.
- Players to watch: Ciprian Deac recorded Cluj’s opening goal of the game twice in the group stage, with both goals coming in the first half.
- Sevilla’s Munir El Haddadi has been a continental specialist lately, scoring in three group stage games, while producing the last goal of the game in two.
- Stat attack: Cluj collected only nine yellow cards (1.50 per game) in the group stage.
- Similarly tame, Sevilla received just eight yellow cards (1.33 per game) in the group stage.
- Cluj did not win the ‘race to three corners’ in any of their six group stage matches.
Match Preview: Fulham - Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 0-1 Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Brighton 2-3 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Twente 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie