Match Preview: Celta Vigo 1-0 Leganes Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Celta Vigo – Leganes betting tips for today, February 22, 2020
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 25
Kick-off: 13:00 Celta Vigo – Leganes
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
- A thrilling 3-2 result between Leganés and Celta Vigo in December snapped a run of six La Liga (LL) H2Hs that produced under 2.5 goals and saw one or neither team score. However, with three of these teams’ respective last five LL games producing under 2.5 goals again, another low scoring encounter is anticipated.
- Celta have won just one of three LL contests at home to Leganés (D1, L1), but they did record an inspiring 2-2 draw at Real Madrid last time out. Now they will be desperate to achieve a haul of five or more points within a three-game period for the first time this season.
- An opportunity for Celta to improve upon a win-rate of 11.11% as a LL home favourite (W1, D5, L3) presents itself against Leganés, one of two clubs yet to win a LL game on the road this season. With a -8 goal difference after the 60th minute on the road, Leganés continue to give up points due to poor second-half performances.
- As a result, they have failed to win any of the three LL away games in which they opened the scoring (D2, L1), and turned both half-time away leads into draws whilst losing three of the six away matches in which they were level at the break.
- Players to watch: Santi Mina (CEL) has scored inside the final 20 minutes in two of his last six LL appearances. Meanwhile, Martin Braithwaite (LEG) opened the scoring in the last two LL games in which Leganés scored on the road.
- Stat attack: Celta have received more yellow cards than the opposition in their last three LL home games.
- Leganés have collected an average of 4.60 yellow cards across their last five LL matches.
- Referee José Luis Munuera has awarded an average of just 3.40 yellow cards per game in his last five LL fixtures.