Match Preview: Basaksehir 3-1 Sporting Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Basaksehir – Sporting betting tips for today, February 27, 2020
Football: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals
Kick-off: 18:55 Basaksehir – Sporting
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
- İstanbul Başakşehir have an uphill battle to turn around a 3-1 first-leg defeat at the hands of Sporting Lisbon, especially as they’ve never won a UEFA Europa League (UEL) home game by more than a one-goal margin. Still, they’re unbeaten in six of their last seven UEL home fixtures (W2, D4, L1).
- Whilst the Turkish outfit have only ever scored the opener three times at home in the UEL, they are unbeaten when doing so (W2, D1), so netting first appears crucial. In fact they’ve scored first in eight straight competitive home games (W6, D2), with five of the six wins across that period producing at least a two-goal margin.
- A glimmer of hope will come from the fact that two of Sporting’s last three UEL away defeats saw them lose ‘to nil’ and by a margin of at least two goals. Yet the reality is the Portuguese team have lost just two of their last seven UEL away games (W3, D2, L2), finding the net in five.
- However, the visitors’ last four UEL fixtures have seen the eventual victor win by at least two goals (W3, L1), whilst their previous five saw the team that scored first claim victory.
- Players to watch: Edin Višća netted Başakşehir’s consolation in the first leg, and he has scored in their last two victories that saw at least a two-goal winning margin.
- Sporting’s new signing Andraž Šporar scored in the first leg, and he has netted before half-time in the last five UEL games he’s got on the scoresheet.
- Stat attack: Four of Başakşehir’s last six competitive home games saw the teams level at half-time.
- The opener’s been scored by the 15th minute in Sporting’s last three games.
- Just two of Başakşehir’s last seven games saw them score before half-time.