Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Basel Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Eintracht Frankfurt – Basel betting tips for today, March 12, 2020
Football: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 18:55 Eintracht Frankfurt – Basel
Tip: 1 Half Over 0.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3(0:1) WON!!!
- Eintracht Frankfurt entertain Basel in this UEFA Europa League (UEL) Round-of-16 first-leg fixture, having lost just two of their last 20 UEL/UEFA Cup home matches (W14, D4). Significantly, each of their last five games during that run have featured over 2.5 total goals.
- Here, the hosts will do particularly well to keep it tight late on, as 53.85% of the league goals that they’ve conceded this UEL campaign (excluding qualifiers) have arrived after the 75th minute. However, Frankfurt will take confidence from the fact that they’ve won three of their four home European fixtures against Swiss opposition (W3, D1).
- With just one win from eight previous competitive road trips to Germany (W1, D1, L6), and an average of 2.87 conceded across those fixtures, Basel are outsiders here. Scoring first could be a game decider in any case, as six of Basel’s last seven UEL road trips have witnessed only one side score.
- Encouragingly though, the visitors are often quick out of the blocks, having scored the opener within 20 minutes in three of their last four UEL away fixtures. In addition, Basel are yet to concede a goal in the first 15 minutes of either half this UEL campaign (excluding qualifiers).
- Players to watch: Daichi Kamada (six UEL goals) has netted Frankfurt’s second goal in each of the three UEL games where he has scored this season. Meanwhile, Fabian Frei (BAS) has been the last goalscorer of the match with each of his three UEL strikes so far this campaign.
- Stat attack: Each of Frankfurt’s three home European wins against Swiss opposition have come via a one-goal margin.
- Basel are yet to trail at half-time in this UEL campaign (HT: W5, D3).
- Frankfurt have scored half of their 14 UEL goals (excluding qualifiers) in the 15 minutes either side of the break.
Match Preview: Willem II - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AS Roma 1-1 Atalanta Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Millwall 1-2 Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Brentford 1-1 Cardiff Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship