Leeds 1-0 Barnsley Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Leeds – Barnsley betting tips for today, July 16, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 44
Kick-off: 17:00 Leeds – Barnsley
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Leeds United can all but seal promotion with victory here against rock-bottom Barnsley. The hosts have lost just 21.43% of the Championship games they started as favourites (W25, D8, L9) and have a record of: W8, D1, L1 vs sides within three points of the drop-zone ahead of this round.
- Keeping clean sheets in a league-high 52.38% of their home league games, Leeds have conceded just once across the last 571 minutes of play here. As such, 11 of their 13 home victories came ‘to nil’. Notably, 1-0 or 2-0 were the most common scorelines, with 61.54% of Leeds’ home victories seeing such a result.
- Visiting Barnsley have registered a clean sheet in four of their last six games (W2, D3, L1) and their record vs the top four is more impressive than their placing suggests (W2, D2, L2). Both of those victories came ‘to nil’, and they boast a 48.28% unbeaten rate as outsiders this Championship season (W6, D8, L15).
- The ‘Tykes’ have conceded first in 61.9% of their away league games, and picked up just one of a possible 39 points when doing so (D1, L12). Similarly to the hosts, 1-0 or 2-0 defeats make up 46.15% of Barnsley’s away losses, whilst over half came without reply (53.85%).
- Players to watch: Pablo Hernández’s last-gasp winner put Leeds just four points from promotion – he’s scored from the bench in their last two games.
- Barnsley top-scorer Cauley Woodrow (14 goals) has scored four of their five away goals vs top-four opposition, three of which came before HT.
- Stat attack: Nearly two-thirds (65.31%) of Leeds’ scored league goals at Elland Road came beyond HT (1.52 second-half goals per match).
- Barnsley have averaged 2.33 yellow cards per away league game (LEE: 1.52 at home).
- Nine of Barnsley’s last ten league matches produced under 2.5 goals.
|Head-to-head matches: LEEDS – BARNSLEY|
|15.09.19||CHA||Barnsley||Leeds||0 : 2|
|21.04.18||CHA||Leeds||Barnsley||2 : 1|
|25.11.17||CHA||Barnsley||Leeds||0 : 2|
|21.01.17||CHA||Barnsley||Leeds||3 : 2|
|01.10.16||CHA||Leeds||Barnsley||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Ath Bilbao - Cadiz CF Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Match Preview: Benevento 2-5 Inter Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Real Sociedad 0-1 Valencia Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Match Preview: Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League