Match Preview: Orlando City 1-1 Los Angeles FC Prediction and Betting Tips | MLS
Orlando City – Los Angeles FC betting tips for today, August 1, 2020
Football: USA: MLS – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Kick-off: 10:30 WS Wanderers – Wellington Phoenix
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- With a 1-0 win in the Round of 16, Orlando City stretched their unbeaten run to four matches (W3, D1). In fact, that result put an end to a run of four straight MLS games which featured goals at both ends, with only one of those producing under 2.5 goals.
- Overall, the feeling is that this game could be a tight clash, especially as just one of Orlando’s six MLS fixtures this year ended up being settled by a 2+ goal margin. Furthermore, with at least one goal in or after the 60th minute in each of Orlando’s last five MLS games, this match could witness some late drama.
- Impressively, Los Angeles FC (LAFC) have lost just one of their last 14 MLS fixtures (W6, D7). Their 4-1 win against Seattle in their previous outing continued a recent trend too, as all but one of their last nine MLS games have now witnessed over 3.5 goals.
- Fans should expect a lively start here, as the opener has been scored within 15 minutes in each of LAFC‘s four fixtures during the ‘MLS is Back’ tournament – that was also the case in the previous H2H. However, they have kept just one clean sheet across their last 16 MLS games.
- Players to watch: Chris Mueller has been Orlando’s first goalscorer in each of his last three goalscoring MLS games. Meanwhile, in-form Diego Rossi has netted eight goals across LAFC’s last five MLS matches – he has also been the game’s last scorer in the previous two H2Hs.
- Stat attack: Orlando have scored seven of their last ten MLS goals in or after the 60th minute.
- Nine of LAFC’s last ten MLS wins were settled by a 2+ goal margin.
- Just one of LAFC’s last 17 MLS games featured a goalless first half.
|Head-to-head matches: ORLANDO CITY – LOS ANGELES FC|
|08.09.19||MLS||Orlando City||Los Angeles FC||2 : 2|
|08.07.18||MLS||Los Angeles FC||Orlando City||4 : 1|