Match Preview: Bordeaux 0-0 Nantes Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Bordeaux – Nantes betting tips for today, August 21, 2020
Football: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 1
Kick-off: 18:00 Bordeaux – Nantes
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- After the longest gap between top-flight games (167 days) since World War II, Ligue 1 (L1) finally makes it return. Yet the opening round hasn’t been so profitable for Bordeaux in the last few years, with ‘Les Girondins’ winless across their previous three L1 campaign openers (D1, L2). Furthermore, Bordeaux are also on a five-game L1 home run without victory (D3, L2), although none of the last four saw them down at the break.
- Overall, Bordeaux – who have just appointed Jean-Louis Gasset as coach – won just two of their last 12 L1 matches of 2019/20 (D5, L5), although six of the seven win/loss results saw a single-goal margin. Late action remains a theme, as six of those 12 saw at least one goal arrive beyond the 80th minute.
- On a brighter note, Bordeaux have lost only one of their last 11 L1 H2Hs vs Nantes (W8, D2). Seven of their eight wins yielded a clean sheet, with four witnessing a 1-0 final scoreline.
- Underdogs here, Nantes lost 62.5% of L1 matches they started as outsider in 2019/20 (W4, D2, L10) and overall have won just one of their last eight L1 games (D2, L5), with four witnessing at least one goal beyond the 80th minute. Coach Christian Gourcuff also laments a poor record against Bordeaux (W5, D8,L13) and just one win versus opposite number Gasset (W1, D3, L2).
- Last season, a significant 64.29% (18) of Nantes’ 28 L1 matches produced under 2.5 total match goals. Additionally, 19 of Nantes’ 24 L1 games won/lost last campaign yielded a single-goal margin of victory, with 11 matches ending 1-0 either way.
- Players to watch: Josh Maja has been Bordeaux’s first scorer in each of his last four goalscoring L1 games – three were the match opener.
- Nantes’ Kalifa Coulibaly has been his side’s first scorer with each of his last four L1 strikes, three of which came away from home.
- Hot stat: Nantes have failed to score before HT in their last eight L1 season openers, with six remaining goalless at the break.
|Head-to-head matches: BORDEAUX – NANTES|
|26.01.20||L1||Nantes||Bordeaux||0 : 1|
|03.11.19||L1||Bordeaux||Nantes||2 : 0|
|24.02.19||L1||Nantes||Bordeaux||1 : 0|
|07.10.18||L1||Bordeaux||Nantes||3 : 0|
|20.01.18||L1||Nantes||Bordeaux||0 : 1|
Match Preview: Plzen - Sonderjyske Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League - Qualification
Match Preview: Piacenza 1-2 Teramo Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia
Match Preview: Shrewsbury 3-0 Newcastle Utd U21 Prediction and Betting Tips | EFL Trophy
Match Preview: Aston Villa 1-0 Sheffield Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League