Match Preview: Moldova 1-1 Kosovo Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA Nations League
Moldova – Kosovo betting tips for today, September 3, 2020
Football: UEFA Nations League – League C – Round 1
Kick-off: 19:45 Moldova – Kosovo
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Moldova’s difficult opening fixture versus Kosovo is made even more so considering they host this game on neutral soil in Italy. That doesn’t bode well for ending their current eight-game losing run, a period in which they were trailing at HT on five occasions.
- Any win here will likely require a clean sheet as Moldova’s last five victories have come ‘to nil’, albeit all were against sides ranked worse than Kosovo in FIFA’s rankings. Although it’s worth noting that they did net the opening goal before the tenth minute in two of the last three games in which they scored, and that two of those three games were against teams ranked in the top 40.
- Kosovo were promoted to League C of the UEFA Nations League (UNL) after an unbeaten League D campaign (W4, D2) that saw them lead at HT in three of their four wins, and net an average of 2.5 goals per game across their six fixtures. However, they’re currently on a run of three losses (in all games) despite conceding just once before the 70th minute across all three defeats.
- In competitive action, Kosovo have now scored in their last six matches on foreign soil (W2, D2, L2), although they also kept just one clean sheet during that run. Impressively the 115th ranked nation also netted the opener in all six of those matches, doing so by the 15th minute in four.
- Players to watch: Moldova have won all five games that captain Igor Armaș has found the net – four of which were played on foreign soil.
- Arbër Zeneli is one goal from becoming Kosovo’s joint top all-time scorer. He’s scored seven international goals, and has netted the opener in three of the four games he’s got on the scoresheet.
- Hot stat: Discounting games that have ended goalless, Kosovo have scored the opening goal in 15 of their last 19 international fixtures.