Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 0-2 Wolves Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Sheffield Utd – Wolves betting tips for today, September 14, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 1
Kick-off: 18:00 Sheffield Utd – Wolves
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sheffield United have only managed to win one of their previous six maiden league matches of the season (D1, L4), which was also the only time they were leading at HT. Furthermore, only two of their first ten Premier League (PL) clashes last season featured over 2.5 goals, which has been the case in nine of the last 12 H2Hs too.
- Chris Wilder’s side received a joint-league low one PL penalty last season, so they don’t get much help from officials. Two of the last four H2Hs saw a red card though, so the referee may well be busy here, although the ‘Blades’ ended last season receiving 2+ yellow cards in just one of their final four games.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers travel here unbeaten in their opening league match since 2012/13 (W3, D4). They’ve only conceded one second-half goal during that time, but netted just three times after the 60th minutes themselves. Also, all three wins came by a one-goal margin.
- The visitors haven’t scored in their last two visits to Bramall Lane (L2), and although they failed to score in five PL away fixtures last season, the other four came to top-five clubs. In fact, only three of their 15 PL victories last term came versus top-half opposition (D8, L7). However they usually finish games strongly, and Wolves possessed the third-best PL second-half record last season (SH: W18, D17, L3).
- Key battle: Sheff Utd legend Billy Sharp has scored in two of their last three opening day fixtures (W1, D1), but only three of his 230 career goals have been at PL level. He’ll face Wolves keeper Rui Patrício, who was ranked joint-third in 2019/20 PL for clean sheets (13), and September 2019 was the last time he conceded 3+ PL goals.
- Hot stat: Last season was Sheffield United’s highest league finish since 1991/92 (9th), but they ranked bottom in the 2019/20 PL for total shots (353).
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD UTD – WOLVES|
|08.07.20||PL||Sheffield Utd||Wolves||1 : 0|
|01.12.19||PL||Wolves||Sheffield Utd||1 : 1|
|03.02.18||CHA||Wolves||Sheffield Utd||3 : 0|
|27.09.17||CHA||Sheffield Utd||Wolves||2 : 0|
|22.03.14||LO||Sheffield Utd||Wolves||0 : 2|
Match Preview: Spartak Moscow - Benfica Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Qualificati...
Match Preview: Malmo FF 2-1 Rangers Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Qualification
Match Preview: USA 0-0 Mexico Prediction and Betting Tips | Gold Cup
Match Preview: Aue 0-0 St. Pauli Prediction and Betting Tips | 2. Bundesliga