Match Preview: Groningen 1-0 Ajax Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Groningen – Ajax betting tips for today, October 4, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 4
Kick-off: 11:15 Groningen – Ajax
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Groningen have scored one goal in all three Eredivisie matches this term, but have picked up just three points in return (W1, L2), with both losses witnessing them concede exactly three times. Now ten league games since they last drew (W4, L6), that sequence began with a 2-1 win over Ajax Amsterdam in January.
- Their opening day 3-1 defeat to PSV Eindhoven (September 13) was their first home league game in ten to feature over 3.5 goals (W5, D1, L4) and a third consecutive Eredivisie loss as hosts. In three of their last five home league matches they conceded exactly once after the 70th minute, whilst their win in last season’s corresponding fixture was their first in 11 H2H meetings anywhere (D1, L9).
- Ajax have made a perfect start to their league campaign, winning their first three Eredivisie matches for the first time since 2015/16. It’s now 22 games since they last drew a league game (W17, L5), and each of their last three Eredivisie fixtures featured one red card.
- Four of their last five away league games saw all the scoring completed in one half (W2, L3), and they haven’t scored a goal before the 30th minute in any of their last six such fixtures. Meanwhile, they have scored in five consecutive league visits to Groningen (W3, D1, L1), and are unbeaten in 76.92% of the Eredivisie matches that they have entered as away favourites since the start of last season.
- Players to watch: Ahmed El Messaoudi has scored twice in his last five appearances for Groningen, but it’s worth noting that only one of his 11 career competitive goals came before the 40th minute.
- Dušan Tadić has netted the game’s opener in his last three goalscoring appearances for Ajax and has scored six times against Groningen in eight Eredivisie games against them (W6, D1, L1).
- Hot streak: Groningen haven’t conceded before the 15th minute in any of their last 22 Eredivisie games.
|Head-to-head matches: GRONINGEN – AJAX|
|26.01.20||ERE||Groningen||Ajax||2 : 1|
|28.09.19||ERE||Ajax||Groningen||2 : 0|
|20.04.19||ERE||Groningen||Ajax||0 : 1|
|15.09.18||ERE||Ajax||Groningen||3 : 0|
|01.04.18||ERE||Groningen||Ajax||1 : 2|
Match Preview: Ararat Yerevan - Slask Wroclaw Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League
Match Preview: K. Almaty 2-1 FK Crvena Zvezda Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Alashkert 0-1 Sheriff Tiraspol Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Inter Turku 0-1 HIFK Prediction and Betting Tips | Veikkausliiga