Barnsley – Bournemouth Betting Tips for today, December 4, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 16
Kick-off: 18:30 Barnsley – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Mid-table Barnsley halted a two-game losing streak with a 2-1 win last time out, but worryingly all three matches saw them concede the first goal – something they’ve now done in seven Championship fixtures this season (W1, L6). However despite that, 64.71% of their 17 league goals conceded this term still arrived during the second half.
- Although Barnsley lost their last game at Oakwell (1-0), they won their three prior home matches ‘to nil’. In fact to their credit, the ‘Tykes’ are the only team who haven’t conceded a first-half goal at home this season (GF: 4 GA: 0), and are unbeaten in the three games in which they’ve led at HT here (FT: W2, D1).
- Bournemouth missed out on first place after losing 3-2 midweek, in what was their fourth game from their previous five to witness over 3.5 goals (W3, D1, L1). With ten of their 15 league matches now seeing both teams score, the ‘Cherries’ are clearly susceptible to conceding, but haven’t yet lost a league match when scoring the first goal (W6, D3).
- Of potential interest is the fact there has been goals during both halves in 87.5% of Bournemouth’s eight awaydays this season (W2, D4, L2 – in all competitions). The visitors might help continue that trend here considering they’ve failed to score in just one of their last nine historic visits to Oakwell (W4, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Cauley Woodrow has netted four penalties in the league and has scored four of his five Championship goals for Barnsley after the 70th minute. Meanwhile, Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke has five goals this term, the last three of which were netted post-55th minute.
- Hot stat: Of the goals Barnsley have conceded this league campaign, 58.82% arrived in the 31st-60th minute period. That’s when Bournemouth have scored 44% of their Championship goals.
|Head-to-head matches: BARNSLEY – BOURNEMOUTH|
|22.03.14||CHA||Barnsley||Bournemouth||0 : 1|
|17.09.13||CHA||Bournemouth||Barnsley||1 : 0|
|25.03.06||LO||Barnsley||Bournemouth||0 : 0|
|28.02.06||LO||Bournemouth||Barnsley||1 : 1|
|19.02.05||LO||Barnsley||Bournemouth||0 : 1|