Match Preview: Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Crystal Palace – Liverpool Betting Tips for today, December 19, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 14
Kick-off: 13:30 Crystal Palace – Liverpool
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:7 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- It’s been two London derbies and two 1-1 draws for Crystal Palace, who enter this match against the reigning champions on the back of just one win across their last five Premier League (PL) matches (W1, D2, L2). Palace famously derailed Liverpool’s title challenge in 2014 with a three-goal comeback here, but have now lost the six most recent PL H2Hs home and away, and with Liverpool scoring at least two goals in six straight visits to Selhurst Park (in all competitions)!
- Scoring 2+ goals is something the ‘Eagles’ have done themselves just four times this PL season, but they’ve won each time when doing so. Three of those four matches, however, came against teams currently below them in the table.
- Liverpool, meanwhile, enter the round three points above the rest after beating title rivals Tottenham 2-1 in the last round, courtesy of a 90th minute winner. It was the fourth time across their last five in the league (W3, D2) that the ‘Reds’ have scored the last goal of the game after the 75th minute.
- Their away exploits, however, differ wildly from their 100% home record in the PL. In fact, their seven points (W1, D4, L1) is better than just four teams going into this match, and 2.0 conceded goals on average is up from 0.89 from last season. Currently, just three teams have conceded as many or more goals than Liverpool in their away league matches (12) – although seven did come in one game!
- Players to watch: Palace are unbeaten in PL matches when talisman Wilfried Zaha has found the net this season (W4, D1 – seven total goals). Zaha scored in this fixture last season, as did Sadio Mané, who has scored in six straight PL matches against Palace, twice in the 90th minute or later.
- Hot stat: Liverpool and Palace have each seen their last four competitive draws end 1-1.
|Head-to-head matches: CRYSTAL PALACE – LIVERPOOL|
|24.06.20||PL||Liverpool||Crystal Palace||4 : 0|
|23.11.19||PL||Crystal Palace||Liverpool||1 : 2|
|19.01.19||PL||Liverpool||Crystal Palace||4 : 3|
|20.08.18||PL||Crystal Palace||Liverpool||0 : 2|
|31.03.18||PL||Crystal Palace||Liverpool||1 : 2|