Match Preview: Flamengo RJ 1-2 Fluminense Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Flamengo RJ – Fluminense Prediction and Tips for today, January 7, 2021
Football: BRAZIL: Serie A – Round 28
Kick-off: 01:30 Flamengo RJ – Fluminense
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:2 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Defeat is not an option here for Série A (SA) champions Flamengo in this ‘Fla-Flu’ matchup against their deadliest rivals and co-tenants. Their SA games to date have averaged a league-high 3.12 total goals per-game whilst both teams have scored in two-thirds of their league games, which is a joint league-high.
- Both sides have picked up the same amount of points (25) in SA home games this term, with seven victories and four draws apiece. Expect both sides to be at it here, given that Flamengo have failed to score in just one home league game so far, whilst Fluminense have found the net in all but two.
- A run of three winless games has hit Fluminense’s hopes of a Copa Libertadores place, but in order to do leaders São Paulo a service here, they’ll have to snap a run of eight SA games against Flamengo without a win (D3, L5). Don’t let them conceding first put you off though, as Fluminense’s last two league victories came after giving away the opener and they’ve picked up more points than all but two sides when doing so (W4, D1, L8).
- Across 21st century H2Hs alone, Flamengo have a comfortable edge (W23, D14, L14) and also boast the upper hand across the last 40 SA clashes (W19, D10, L11). Current Mengo boss Rogério Ceni is, however, yet to beat Fluminense (D2, L1) with his side on the day failing to score in the last two H2Hs.
- Players to watch: Flamengo’s Gabriel Barbosa has faced Fluminense more times than any other club (W8, D1, L4) – contributing to 11 goals across those 13 H2Hs (five goals, six assists). Meanwhile, Fluminense club captain Fred (with six H2H goals) is the highest scoring currently-active player in the ‘Fla-Flu’ series, and will likely be a key figure here.
- Hot stat: Flamengo have avoided defeat in six of ten league games this season in which they’ve conceded the opener (W2, D4, L4).
|Head-to-head matches: FLAMENGO RJ – FLUMINENSE|
|10.09.20||SA||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||1 : 2|
|16.07.20||CAM||Flamengo RJ||Fluminense||1 : 0|
|12.07.20||CAM||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||1 : 2|
|09.07.20||CAM||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||2 : 1 (1 : 1)|
|13.02.20||CAM||Fluminense||Flamengo RJ||2 : 3|
Match Preview: Paraguay - Bolivia Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: England 1-0 Croatia Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: Wales 1-1 Switzerland Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020