Match Preview: Vitesse 1-0 Utrecht Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Vitesse – Utrecht Prediction and Tips for today, January 12, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 16
Kick-off: 18:45 Vitesse – Utrecht
Tip: BTS – Yes
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Still chasing a first ‘podium finish’ since 1998, Vitesse continued their scintillating season with victory last time out. They boast a strong league record as pre-match favourites (W9, D2, L1), and three of their last four competitive wins have ended 2-0. Each of that trio featured at least one goal beyond the hour mark, with two yielding a HT/FT double.
- Currently better placed than at this stage of nine of their last ten campaigns Vitesse are building their success on imperious home league form (W6, D1). Indeed, the hosts have scored the opening goal in all seven games played here so far, whilst 57.14% of their home league games have ended in a 2+ margin of victory.
- Despite overcoming a 2-0 deficit to draw last time out, Utrecht’s run of one win in ten Eredivisie games is well below their regular top-seven aspirations (W1, D6, L3). Notably, that sole victory came vs the last remaining winless side in the Eredivisie (Emmen) and they are yet to win a league game entered as pre-match outsiders (D1, L2).
- Just one of Utrecht’s eight away league goals has come before HT thus far. As such, they are yet to lead at the interval on their travels (HT: D2, L5). Yet, both teams have scored in six of Utrecht’s away league games, whilst they avoided defeat in three of five trips when trailing at the break – a league high after Saturday’s action (W1, D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Vitesse midfielder Matúš Bero claimed responsibility for both goals last time out, despite one going down as an OG; manager Thomas Letsch hailed the importance of Bero post-match. Meanwhile, Gyrano Kerk broke an 11-game Eredivisie duck for Utrecht last time out, though none of his goals this term have been match openers.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in 13 (86.67%) of Utrecht’s 15 Eredivisie games so far – that too is the league’s high rate.
|Head-to-head matches: VITESSE – UTRECHT|
|05.10.19||ERE||Vitesse||Utrecht||2 : 1|
|28.05.19||ERE||Vitesse||Utrecht||0 : 2|
|24.05.19||ERE||Utrecht||Vitesse||1 : 1|
|14.04.19||ERE||Utrecht||Vitesse||0 : 0|
|10.11.18||ERE||Vitesse||Utrecht||2 : 1|