Aston Villa – Arsenal Prediction and Tips for today, February 6, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 23
Kick-off: 13:30 Aston Villa – Arsenal
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- After scoring an average of 1.75 goals per league game this term, Aston Villa maintain hopes of European qualification despite a 3-1 Premier League (PL) defeat to West Ham United (Feb 3). They generally start and finish well – seven (50%) of their 14 first-half PL goals this term came inside 15 minutes, whilst 16 (76.19%) of 21 second-half goals came after the hour mark.
- Nevertheless, they’ve only led three (33.33%) home league games at HT this term and have only drawn once here this season (W4, L4). While Villa Park has witnessed a league-high average of 3.56 goals per PL game ahead of the round, only two of the last five league H2Hs here produced over 2.5 goals (Villa: W1, D1, L3).
- Tenth-placed Arsenal can leapfrog Villa (ninth) with a win as they look to bounce back from a dramatic 2-1 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers (Feb 2) that saw them finish the game with nine men. Consequently, no team has earned more PL red cards (98) than the ‘Gunners’ (nine under Mikel Arteta), and since 2006/07 no side has conceded more penalties (81) either!
- However, ahead of their midweek slip-up, they’d won three consecutive away league games and like their hosts at home, they’ve only drawn once on the road this season (W5, L5). Interestingly, they haven’t scored after the 75th minute in 13 PL away games (W5, D1, L7).
- Players to watch: Ollie Watkins’ run of three goals in four league games for Villa includes strikes in both of their latest home matches – he also bagged two against Arsenal in November. Meanwhile, Nicolas Pépé has scored in Arsenal’s last two PL away games and netted his side’s opener in his last four competitive goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: After a clean sweep of away PL wins on Wednesday night – only the second time ever in the top flight that a day of at least four fixtures has seen that – the away win rate this PL season is now 40.65%, easily the highest in Europe’s top five leagues.
|Head-to-head matches: ASTON VILLA – ARSENAL|
|21.07.20||PL||Aston Villa||Arsenal||1 : 0|
|13.12.15||PL||Aston Villa||Arsenal||0 : 2|
|20.09.14||PL||Aston Villa||Arsenal||0 : 3|
|13.01.14||PL||Aston Villa||Arsenal||1 : 2|
|24.11.12||PL||Aston Villa||Arsenal||0 : 0|