Match Preview: Swansea 1-3 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | FA Cup
Swansea – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today, February 10, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 18:30 Swansea – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Two title-chasing sides meet in the FA Cup as the Championship’s Swansea bring a ten-game unbeaten run (W8, D2) into this clash with Premier League (PL) Manchester City. Encouragingly for the ‘Swans’, they’ve made it past the round of 16 in two of the last three seasons, although both runs ended with defeat to PL opposition.
- One positive omen for rank outsiders Swansea is the fact they have lost just two of their nine FA Cup home clashes across the last ten years (W6, D1, L2). Within that run, eight of those nine games produced over 2.5 goals for a per match average of 4.67 total goals, whilst seven also saw both teams score, including two of three vs PL opposition (D1, L2).
- Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City have found their stride, winning 14 straight matches, 11 of which came with a 2+ goal margin, whilst ten came ‘to nil’. Unsurprisingly, Guardiola boasts a perfect record vs Swansea (W6), although his side won both cup clashes by just a slim single-goal margin.
- City have kept clean sheets in seven of their 13 FA Cup away games under Guardiola (53.85%). Despite their strong performances in such games (W9, D2, L2 in 90 minutes), they have failed to keep a clean sheet in three of their last four trips to lower-league opposition, coming from behind to win in two of the previous three, including one vs Swansea (3-2).
- Players to watch: Swansea loan star Connor Hourihane has scored in three straight appearances since joining from Aston Villa. With wholesale changes expected for City, Bernardo Silva may improve on his record of ten goal involvements in 12 FA Cup appearances (six goals, four assists) – including one goal vs Swansea.
- Hot stat: Since Guardiola joined City, no side has scored more FA Cup goals than them (65 – 2.95 per match on average).
|Head-to-head matches: SWANSEA – MANCHESTER CITY|
|16.03.19||FAC||Swansea||Manchester City||2 : 3|
|22.04.18||PL||Manchester City||Swansea||5 : 0|
|13.12.17||PL||Swansea||Manchester City||0 : 4|
|05.02.17||PL||Manchester City||Swansea||2 : 1|
|24.09.16||PL||Swansea||Manchester City||1 : 3|
Match Preview: Pyramids - Enppi Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Shandong Taishan 2-0 Henan Songshan Longmen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGU...
Match Preview: Sonderjyske 1-2 Fredericia Prediction and Betting Tips | CLUB FRIENDLY
Match Preview: Wuhan Three Towns 5-0 Hebei Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE