Dynamo Kyiv – Club Brugge KV Prediction and Tips for today, February 18, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Dynamo Kiev enter the UEFA Europa League (UEL) Round of 32 after finishing third in their UEFA Champions League (UCL) group. Worryingly, the five UCL games (D1, L4) that preceded their matchday six win witnessed Dynamo concede an average of 1.20 goals beyond the hour mark, whilst all six witnessed under 1.5 match goals before HT.
- The hosts sit top of the Ukrainian Premier League, and have lost just one of their eight top-flight home matches this term (W4, D3, L1) – and that’s despite being shown a red card in four of the last five! With Dynamo’s relatively balanced European H2H record vs Belgian opposition (W5, D1, L6) this game looks hard to judge, although goals look likely as ten of those games featured over 2.5 goals.
- Club Brugge have parachuted down from the UCL as well, and conceded the opener within 20 minutes in each of their four drawn/lost group stage matches (W2, D2, L2). Unlike their hosts, they were involved in many high-scoring first halves, as their UCL group stage fixtures averaged 1.83 first-half match goals.
- On a ten-game winning run in all competitions, the visitors are flying high in the Jupiler Pro League and possess a 13-point lead at the top. A quick start could be on the cards here, considering the opener has been scored within 30 minutes in seven of Brugge’s last nine competitive road trips.
- Players to watch: Viktor Tsygankov has been involved in 39.29% of Dynamo’s top-flight goals this campaign (eight goals, three assists), and scored two of their four UCL strikes. On loan from Ajax, Noa Lang is in hot form after averaging one goal across Brugge’s last eight top-flight matches.
- Hot Stat: Six of Brugge’s previous eight European road trips to Ukraine featured a HT draw (HT: W1, D6, L1).
|Head-to-head matches: DYN. KYIV – CLUB BRUGGE KV|
|13.08.19||CL||Dyn. Kyiv||Club Brugge KV||3 : 3|
|06.08.19||CL||Club Brugge KV||Dyn. Kyiv||1 : 0|