Match Preview: Werder Bremen 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Werder Bremen – Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Tips for today, February 26, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 23
Kick-off: 20:30 Werder Bremen – Eintracht Frankfurt
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- After being thumped 4-0 vs Hoffenheim in their biggest defeat of the season last time out – a result that extended Werder Bremen’s Bundesliga winless run to three games (D2, L1) – the hosts now have the unenviable task of tackling the slayers of Bayern, in-form Eintracht Frankfurt. The odds are against them, but scoring the opener could aid a shock result as Bremen are unbeaten in 90% of Bundesliga matches when netting first (W5, D4, L1) compared to their 70% loss rate when conceding first (D3, L7).
- Although Bremen have picked up fewer points at home than away (10 vs 13), 50% of those home points have come in their last three Bundesliga games here (W1, D2) so they appear to be improving. However with that heavy Hoffenheim loss fresh in their minds, this game could be cagey and contribute to Bremen’s league-low average of 2.20 total goals witnessed per home league match.
- Sporting the Bundesliga’s longest current unbeaten run (W9, D2) after scoring 2+ goals in 11 consecutive top-flight games – equalling a club-record set in 1977 – Frankfurt will be on cloud nine after beating league-leaders Bayern last time out. Manager Adi Hütter will be desperate to keep his side grounded though, as Frankfurt beat Bayern in 2019/20 but lost away in the following match.
- However they travel here as the division’s best away scorers (2.18 goals per away game) and have netted first in eight of 11 Bundesliga road trips (W5, D2, L1). All of which has contributed to a league-high average of 3.81 total goals per away match.
- Players to watch: Kevin Möhwald has scored two of Bremen’s last four home league goals – all three of his Bundesliga strikes this term were equalisers. Meanwhile, Frankfurt’s Amin Younes has scored all three of his Bundesliga goals this season during 2021 and before HT!
- Hot stat: A league-high 18 games involving Frankfurt saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: WERDER BREMEN – EINTRACHT FRANKFURT|
|31.10.20||BUN||Eintracht Frankfurt||Werder Bremen||1 : 1|
|03.06.20||BUN||Werder Bremen||Eintracht Frankfurt||0 : 3|
|04.03.20||POK||Eintracht Frankfurt||Werder Bremen||2 : 0|
|06.10.19||BUN||Eintracht Frankfurt||Werder Bremen||2 : 2|
|26.01.19||BUN||Werder Bremen||Eintracht Frankfurt||2 : 2|