Sampdoria – Atalanta Prediction and Tips for today, February 28, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sampdoria have lost two of their last four Serie A (SA) matches (W1, D1) and remain stuck in mid-table with little prospect of their season turning either way (W9, D3, L11). The story of their season so far has been close games, with just three of their last 16 league matches seeing a winning margin of greater than a goal. Twelve of those saw both teams score although three of the last five saw just one side net.
- The hosts will be happy to return to the Luigi Ferraris Stadium where they have won three of their last four SA matches, each via a 2-1 scoreline (L1). More positive news lies in the fact that Sampdoria have won four of their seven home league matches entered as a betting outsider (L3), while they’ve lost just once here to Atalanta across the last seven H2Hs (W4, D2).
- Atalanta extended their best ever start to a SA season (W12, D7, L4) with a win over Napoli last Sunday (4-2), which saw them net all four goals inside the second half. Consequently, two of their previous three top-flight outings have produced exactly six match goals, confirming Atalanta as the most entertaining side amid an average of 3.65 goals seen in their SA matches this season.
- ‘La Dea’ have lost just once on the road in SA this term (W6, D4), with the defeat to Napoli back in October also their last away competitive loss (W7, D5 since). Seven of those games saw Atalanta keep a clean sheet.
- Players to watch: Two of Sampdoria’s last three home wins saw Balde Keita score inside the 30th-39th minute period. Meanwhile, five of Luis Muriel’s (ATA) last eight competitive strikes arrived beyond the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Sampdoria last registered less than their current three SA draws at this stage just once in the post-war era (1963/64).
|Head-to-head matches: SAMPDORIA – ATALANTA|
|24.10.20||SA||Atalanta||Sampdoria||1 : 3|
|08.07.20||SA||Atalanta||Sampdoria||2 : 0|
|10.11.19||SA||Sampdoria||Atalanta||0 : 0|
|10.03.19||SA||Sampdoria||Atalanta||1 : 2|
|07.10.18||SA||Atalanta||Sampdoria||0 : 1|