Match Preview: Ajax 3-1 Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Ajax – Groningen Prediction and Tips for today, March 7, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 25
Kick-off: 12:15 Ajax – Groningen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- The march towards a 35th Dutch Championship continues for Ajax, who can provisionally open up a nine-point gap to second with victory. They boast the strongest Eredivisie attack (3.17 scored per-game) and the tightest defence (0.78 conceded). Consequently, 14 of their 18 league wins saw a 2+ goal margin, whilst they have won a league-high ten games without reply.
- Goals are usually assured here at the Johan Cruijff ArenA, as ten of Ajax’s last 11 home league games produced over 2.5 total goals – nine actually saw them score 2+ goals. They also have a perfect record when scoring first here (W8), winning at both HT/FT in more home league games than any other side (W/W: 8).
- Visitors Groningen boast the league’s second-best defensive record and could provide a stern test for the title-favourites here. Danny Buijs’ men have conceded just once across their last 426 minutes of play and as a consequence of their solidity, Groningen are one of just three teams to see both sides score in less than half of their league games (45.83%).
- Groningen’s equaliser at Heerenveen in their last trip ended a 262-minute wait for an away goal. However, another drought could begin here as Groningen have scored just twice across their last eight away league games vs ‘Big Three’ opposition (D1, L7) – five of those seven defeats saw a 2+ goal margin.
- Players to watch: Only Henk Groot (28) has scored more Eredivisie penalties for Ajax than Dušan Tadić (19) – he hasn’t missed any of his last 16 strikes from the spot after his equaliser last time out. With his goal within five minutes of coming on a sub, Paulos Abraham became the youngest Swede (18y227d) to ever score in the Eredivisie on only his fourth appearance for Groningen.
- Hot stat: Ajax manager Erik ten Hag is yet to draw after 13 personal H2Hs with Groningen (W9, L4) – just one of the last five meetings saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: AJAX – GRONINGEN|
|04.10.20||ERE||Groningen||Ajax||1 : 0|
|26.01.20||ERE||Groningen||Ajax||2 : 1|
|28.09.19||ERE||Ajax||Groningen||2 : 0|
|20.04.19||ERE||Groningen||Ajax||0 : 1|
|15.09.18||ERE||Ajax||Groningen||3 : 0|
Match Preview: St Etienne - Brest Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Match Preview: Willem II - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AS Roma 1-1 Atalanta Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Millwall 1-2 Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship