Match Preview: Turkey 4-2 Netherlands Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Turkey – Netherlands Prediction and Tips for today, March 24, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 18:00 Turkey – Netherlands
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Although Turkey manager Senol Günes is unbeaten in 17 of his 20 games in charge (W10, D7, L3), they’ve won just one of their last eight (W1, D5, L2). That run saw Turkey relegated from League B of the UEFA Nations League (UNL), although they did finish second in their last qualification group (EURO) after earning four points vs the highest-ranked side – as the Netherlands are here.
- The hosts have worryingly conceded the opening goal in three straight competitive home games (W1, D1, L1), but can take confidence from going unbeaten in all four home matches (including friendlies) they’ve played as outsiders since the end of EURO 2016 (W2, D2). Notably, they came back from behind in both draws.
- Though the Netherlands have conceded first in three of Frank de Boer’s five games in charge, they are yet to lose under his stewardship (W2, D3). That unbeaten start may well continue here given that 14th-ranked Netherlands are unbeaten in 16 of their last 19 H2Hs with UEFA nations ranked within ten places of #32 Turkey (W13, D3, L3) – 12 victories saw a 2+ goal margin.
- The visitors missed out on UNL glory by just a point, although they still travel here unbeaten in seven competitive away games (W4, D3) Furthermore, the ‘Oranje’ have not lost as away favourites in any of their last ten such trips (W7, D3).
- Players to watch: Turkey’s Orkun Kökçü holds dual Dutch-Turkish nationality and played for the Netherlands U19s – he scored the opener for Feyenoord at the weekend. Here Kökçü will line up against his Feyenoord team-mate Steven Berghuis who’s found the net in six of his last nine competitive appearances at club level.
- Hot stat: Eight of the 12 all-time H2Hs saw one or no side score, for an average of just 1.75 total goals per match.
|Head-to-head matches: TURKEY – NETHERLANDS|
|06.09.15||EUR||Turkey||Netherlands||3 : 0|
|28.03.15||EUR||Netherlands||Turkey||1 : 1|
|15.10.13||WC||Turkey||Netherlands||0 : 2|
|07.09.12||WC||Netherlands||Turkey||2 : 0|
|17.11.10||FI||Netherlands||Turkey||1 : 0|