Match Preview: AC Milan 1-1 Sampdoria Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
AC Milan – Sampdoria Prediction and Tips for today, April 3, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 29
Kick-off: 11:30 AC Milan – Sampdoria
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- A 3-2 win at Fiorentina saw Milan gain further advantage in the hunt for a Serie A (SA) podium finish, and snapped their winless run at three competitive games (D1, L2). The ’Rossoneri’ have now registered more points than they managed at the conclusion of three of their previous seven SA seasons, and have won a league-high 16 matches when leading at HT.
- They have, however, hit some bumps at home recently after registering a five-game winless run (D2, L3). Milan conceded first in four of those matches, with the last two conceded openers curiously arriving in the 49th minute! Additionally, they have gained only 37.29% of their total SA points tally at home, which is the second-worst rate amongst all teams.
- Sampdoria returned to the top half by beating Torino last time out, ending their five-game winless run in the process (D2, L3). The visitors will be keen to start well though, as they’ve won each of their previous six SA matches in which they opened the scoring. However, the ’Blucerchiati’ must be vigilant during the first 30 minutes of the second half as that’s when they’ve conceded 42.86% (18) of their 42 SA ‘goals against’.
- Whilst the visitors have lost four of their six SA away matches against teams currently above them (W2), they did net a first-half opener in both wins. That said, Sampdoria have failed to score a first-half goal in every H2H held here bar one since 2008/09 (W2, D2, L7).
- Players to watch: Hakan Çalhanoğlu scored a second-half winner vs Fiorentina, and each of his previous three competitive goals for Milan have now come in fixtures that produced over 4.5 goals. In opposition, Antonio Candreva has netted three of his last four SA goals inside the opening 30 minutes.
- Hot stat: Milan’s last three competitive home matches, and Sampdoria’s last three SA outings have all featured under 9.5 corners.
|Head-to-head matches: AC MILAN – SAMPDORIA|
|06.12.20||SA||Sampdoria||AC Milan||1 : 2|
|29.07.20||SA||Sampdoria||AC Milan||1 : 4|
|06.01.20||SA||AC Milan||Sampdoria||0 : 0|
|30.03.19||SA||Sampdoria||AC Milan||1 : 0|
|12.01.19||COP||Sampdoria||AC Milan||0 : 2 (0 : 0)|