Match Preview: Paris SG 1-2 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Paris SG – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today, April 28, 2021
Football: Champions League – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Kick-off: 20:00 Paris SG – Manchester City
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Paris SG – Manchester City Match Preview
- Paris Saint-Germain should be full of confidence after knocking out holders Bayern Munich in the previous round to become the first French club since 1991 to reach consecutive European Cup/UEFA Champions League (UCL) semi-finals. We could now be in line for a fast-paced start to this one given that 1+ goal has been scored inside 40 minutes in each of PSG’s last eight UCL matches (1.75 goals on average).
- Another positive for the home side is that they’ve never failed to score in consecutive UCL home games. The French champions are also in the midst of a good run of form after winning their previous four domestic matches, whilst intriguingly netting an average of 2.0 goals after the 60th minute across that period.
- Visitors Manchester City have reached the semi-finals for the second time in their history, but are still looking for their maiden final appearance. They’re the only side still undefeated this UCL 2020/21 campaign (W9, D1) and are on the brink of making history as no English team has ever won 10+ games in a single UCL season under the current format (since 2003/04).
- A stalemate is unlikely with City in town, as none of their previous 33 competitive outings have ended in a draw (W30, L3). Even if the ‘Citizens’ concede the opener here, don’t write them off, they’ve impressively emerged victorious in each of the previous three UCL away games in which their opponents scored first.
- Players to watch: PSG’s Neymar has been directly involved in four goals across his previous three UCL semi-final appearances (three goals, one assist), whilst Kevin De Bruyne (MCI) has scored the game’s opener in the previous two UCL H2Hs with PSG back in 2015/16 (W1, D1).
- Hot stat: Pep Guardiola has lost just three of 18 managerial H2Hs vs Mauricio Pochettino (W10, D5), though Pochettino did win the last UCL H2H tie (4-4 on aggregate in 2018/19).
Match Preview: Bournemouth - Brentford Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Fiorentina 0-2 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Burnley 0-4 Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Shaanxi Changan 2-0 Zibo Cuju Prediction and Betting Tips | Jia League