Den Haag – Feyenoord Prediction and Tips for today, May 2, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 31
Kick-off: 11:15 Den Haag – Feyenoord
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 3:2 LOST
Den Haag – Feyenoord Match Preview
- Den Haag’s miserable campaign lurched further towards the abyss in last weekend’s 3-0 loss to Fortuna Sittard. This saw them end round 30 burdened by the possibility of being relegated with three games to spare, as the hapless ‘Storks’ suffered a beating by a 2+ goal margin for the 15th time across 18 league defeats suffered so far this term.
- That loss also made it 18 Eredivisie home games without a win (D8, L10), and the second in a row to see them lose the first half. Notably, they have done likewise in 85% of their last 20 league losses (home/away) to deliver a margin of 2+ goals.
- Feyenoord are experiencing their own pressures, and only a win here can realistically sustain their interest in a podium finish. They drew 0-0 vs Vitesse last time out, taking a hit to their win-rate as league matchday favourites this term (54.17% – down 4.92% from 2019/20).
- The visitors will also be hoping to win consecutive away games for the first time since November 2020, having come from behind to beat Utrecht on their last road trip. It marked a fourth away game in five to see the first scorer on the day fail to win, with the last three such games seeing said team concede an equaliser within 25 minutes of opening the goals.
- Players to watch: Boy Kemper remains Den Haag’s last winning scorer, but he could be outshone by opposition figures Lutsharel Geertruida and Marcos Senesi if any defender is to score in this clash. Both Feyenoord defenders scored in the reverse H2H (W 4-2).
- Hot stat: All of Feyenoord’s seven away league wins this term have seen them win the second half to-nil by an odd-numbered margin.