Match Preview: Italy 7-0 San Marino Prediction and Betting Tips | Friendly International
Italy – San Marino Prediction and Tips for today, May 28, 2021
Football: Friendly International
Kick-off: 19:45 Italy – San Marino
Tip: Under 7.5 Goals
Match Result: 7:0 WON!!!
Italy – San Marino Match Preview
- Enjoying a 25-game unbeaten run (W20, D5) that’s taken them to seventh in the FIFA rankings, Italy are in exceptional form as they chase an Italian record of 30 games undefeated that has stood since 1935-39. A big win here will help them, and boost morale as Italy gear up for a seventh consecutive European Championship appearance.
- Across the last decade the four-time world champions have played four home friendlies vs nations ranked outside of FIFA’s top 100 (W4). They led at HT by 2+ goals each time, and hit the opener before the 20th minute in three. One of those games includes an 8-0 thumping of San Marino in the last H2H – a result that was just one goal shy of equalling Italy’s biggest-ever official win (9-0 vs USA -1948).
- Such a H2H hammering from the country that encircles San Marino is little surprise considering Italy’s population is over 1700 times larger than the microstate! Currently enduring a ten-game run without a goal – and having never scored in the month of May – FIFA’s lowest ranked nation (#210) is expected to crumble here again, especially after losing by an average margin of 6.60 goals across their previous five matches vs top-ten ranked nations.
- Parking the bus will surely be San Marino’s tactic, especially as their previous five away games vs top-ten nations saw them lose by 2+ goals at HT, and 5+ at FT, whilst conceding 26+ shots on each occasion.
- Players to watch: Italy play host at Cagliari’s Sardegna Arena, the club where Nicolò Barella started his career – three of his four international goals have been openers. Although San Marino have netted only once across the last two years, they’ve scored four own goals during that time – the last two came via Cristian Brolli.
- Hot stat: Italy have conceded an average of just 1.13 shots on target across their last eight games vs teams outside of FIFA’s top 100.
Match Preview: Everton - Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-2 Arminia Bielefeld Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 3-1 Algeria Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Clermont 0-2 Strasbourg Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1