Match Preview: Corinthians 0-0 Sao Paulo Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Corinthians – Sao Paulo Prediction and Tips for today, July 1, 2021
Football: BRAZIL: Serie A – Round 8
Kick-off: 01:30 Corinthians – Sao Paulo
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Corinthians – Sao Paulo Match Preview
- Dating back to May 1930, the ‘Clássico Majestoso’ marks its 346th edition. Boasting 13 Serié A titles between them, both sides have much to prove after poor starts to this campaign, but Corinthians – owning a slight majority (seven) of those titles – have history on their side, with no defeat in 14 H2H home ties (W10, D4).
- Regardless of that encouraging H2H return, Corinthians are the bookmakers’ outsiders for a reason, with manager Sylvinho recording just two victories from his opening nine games in charge of the club (W2, D4, L3). Even so, his charges have avoided defeat in four games this season as outsiders (W1, D3), each of which produced under 2.5 goals.
- By contrast, São Paulo have failed to win their last five Serié A games when starting as favourites (D3, L2), and beaten only Serié D opposition domestically since winning the 2021 Campeonato Paulista final (W1, D4, L4). In turn, the ‘Soberano’ are now one of just 18 sides since the round-robin era (2002/03-present) without a win after seven rounds.
- Despite making their worst ever start to a Serié A campaign under this format, São Paulo have made one step in the right direction, recently ending a 434-minute scoring drought in Serié A away games, though three of four trips this term have still been lost at both HT/FT. Relevantly, six (66.67%) of the nine competitive H2Hs held since the start of 2019 have also seen the HT result match that of FT.
- Players to watch: Veteran striker Jô has registered goals in his last two matches and scored four in ten personal H2Hs with São Paulo. Though often an impact player, São Paulo’s Pablo scored four goals in their recent city championship, including twice against fellow ‘big four’ São Paulo outfits.
- Hot stat: Despite its feisty reputation, the Clássico Majestoso has not seen a red card in the last nine fixtures.
Match Preview: Eintracht Frankfurt - Rangers Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: Southampton 1-2 Liverpool Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Sampdoria 4-1 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Bologna 1-3 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A