Match Preview: Brazil 1-0 Chile Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Brazil – Chile Prediction and Tips for today, July 3, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Kick-off: 01:00 Brazil – Chile
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Brazil – Chile Match Preview
- Brazil’s quest to become the first CONMEBOL nation to host and win consecutive South American Championships since Uruguay (1923-24) incurred a minor setback courtesy of a surprise group stage draw with Ecuador last time out. That stalemate brought an abrupt end to an impressive streak of nine consecutive victories against South American opposition prior, as well as seven straight matches in which they didn’t concede after HT.
- That said, Brazil remain undefeated at home in all competitions since the last World Cup (W12, D3). Interestingly, their last outing also marked the first time in more than five years that Brazil conceded in back-to-back tussles with CONMEBOL nations, a stark contrast with the six straight wins ‘to nil’ that preceded them. What does remain consistent, however, is the fact the Brazilians have earned a 1-0 HT lead in four of their previous five outings.
- History awaits Chile if they can buck their recent lacklustre form and cause a shock upset here. ‘La Roja‘ have never defeated the Brazilians on their own soil, and they have never reached the semi-final stage in four Copa América’s in a row. More positively, their H2H results have improved lately, winning or drawing after 90 minutes in three of the last six meetings at all venues (W1, D2, L3) after losing the eight prior.
- Given that Brazil haven’t scored 3+ goals in a match against a CONMEBOL team currently in FIFA’s top 20 since the last H2H four years ago, and that Chile haven’t conceded 3+ in any of their last 16 games vs any opposition, an upset here isn’t out of the question.
- Players to watch: Neymar boasts goals in four of his last five international starts for Brazil, scoring after HT in three. As well as goals in two group stage matches, Chile’s Eduardo Vargas has also scored in three of his five H2Hs against Brazil.
- Hot stat: Neither team has had a player sent off since the end of the 2019 Copa América.
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt - Valur Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League - Qualifica...
Match Preview: Sheriff Tiraspol 3-1 Alashkert Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Quali...
Match Preview: Flora 0-1 Legia Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Qualification
Match Preview: Ararat Yerevan 2-4 Slask Wroclaw Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference Leag...