Match Preview: Brazil 1-0 Peru Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Brazil – Peru Prediction and Tips for today, July 6, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Play Offs – Semi-finals
Kick-off: 00:00 Brazil – Peru
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Brazil – Peru Match Preview
- After a 1-0 quarter-final win vs Chile here at the Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos, Brazil have now reached the Copa América (CA) semi-finals on successive occasions for the first time since 2007, which was the last edition to see them successfully defend this trophy.
- On that occasion 14 years ago, they reached the final thanks to a penalty shootout won by the thinnest of margins (5-4 vs Uruguay). Meanwhile, their most recent CA semi-final (2019, W 2-0) was a far easier affair, although the Seleção’s last run of successive CA semi-final wins within regulation time dates back to the latter half of the 1990s.
- It was during this period, in the 1997 semi-finals, that Brazil secured their biggest winning margin against Peru (7-0) among all-time CA H2Hs (W14, D3, L3). Within that record, Brazil have outscored Peru more than 3:1, and averaged 2.30 goals per match (GF 46, GA 14).
- Having lost to no side other than Brazil in CA action since the start of July 2015 (W7, D6, L3), Peru may be in for a long night. They needed penalties to defeat Paraguay in Friday evening’s first quarter-final, drawing 3-3 despite having a man advantage for almost the entire second half.
- Already thrashed 4-0 by Brazil at this venue in the group phase, the visitors have bowed out at the semi-final stage twice in the past decade. They conceded exactly twice in both matches, with one opposition player scoring a brace each time.
- Key battle: Roberto Firmino memorably netted the killer second goal in Brazil’s semi-final victory en-route to the 2019 trophy. Yet, if he is to beat opposing goalkeeper Pedro Gallese, he may need to wait, as Peru have kept a clean sheet up to at least the 40-minute mark during each of their last two CA semi-final losses.
- Hot stat: Each of Brazil’s last five CA semi-final wins in regular time have come with a clean sheet after a HT lead.