Match Preview: Argentina 1-0 Brazil Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Argentina – Brazil Prediction and Tips for today, July 11, 2021
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: Copa América – Play Offs – Final
Kick-off: 01:00 Argentina – Brazil
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Argentina – Brazil Match Preview
- The iconic Estádio do Maracanã in Rio hosts the 47th Copa América (CA) final as hosts Brazil aim for a sixth title in ten CA editions, after winning the 2019 final here 3-1. Additionally, they are looking for a sixth triumph in six stagings held solely in Brazil (1919-present), and to extend a 46-year unbeaten CA home run (W17, D9) as manager Tite aims to surpass Mário Zagallo’s record run of 12 CA games unbeaten with Brazil.
- Because of that 2019 CA final scoreline, Brazil have impressively won by at least a two-goal margin in four of their previous five CA final appearances. A 3-0 H2H win in the 2007 final stands amongst them, representing Brazil’s most recent successful CA title defence.
- Playing in Brazil and having had a day’s less recuperation than their fierce rivals, Argentina are facing adverse odds. They are seeking to end a 28-year trophy drought here by winning a first away H2H in this competition (D1, L5), which would not only add to their positive all-time CA H2H record (W15, D8, L10), but would also end the ‘Lionel Messi curse’ as the superstar hunts his first-ever major international trophy despite this being his fifth major final with Argentina.
- Argentina won on penalties in their semi-final to get here, prevailing in a 12-yard duel for only the second time in CA action this century. Yet, with three of the six most recent CA grand finals seeing them lose on penalties, ‘La Albiceleste’ will be eager to finish the job in 90 minutes.
- Players to watch: Brazil’s one-goal victory in the semi-final came via Lucas Paquetá – both of his goals in this CA edition have been decisive openers. Three-time CA runner up Lionel Messi is on a mission and leads the Golden Boot race (four goals) – he’s seen all five of his prior H2H strikes come during wins by a one-goal margin.
- Hot stat: Including stoppage time, CA grand finals held this century have averaged 6.57 cards per 90 minutes.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Lazio - Spezia Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Arsenal - Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Shanghai Port - Chengdu Rongcheng Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE