Match Preview: Sheriff Tiraspol 1-0 Crvena Zvezda Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League – Qualification
Sheriff Tiraspol – Crvena Zvezda Prediction and Tips for today, August 10, 2021
Football: Champions League – Qualification – Semi-finals
Kick-off: 18:00 Sheriff Tiraspol – Crvena Zvezda
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Sheriff Tiraspol – Crvena Zvezda Match Preview
- Returning from Serbia with a 1-1 draw in the first leg gives Sheriff Tiraspol a shot at reaching the UEFA Champions League (UCL) play-off stage for the first time since 2010/11. Having thumped Dinamo-Auto 7-1 in league action on Saturday, they’re in good form and chasing just their second ever win over Serbian opponents in European competition (W1, D2, L2).
- The Moldovan champions have suffered just one UCL loss here since August 2017 (W4, D1) – a sequence of matches that all featured the same HT/FT outcome – therefore it’s safe to say they’re no pushovers at home. Furthermore, with an average of 1.75 goals per game inside the opening half hour across their four competitive home fixtures this season, early action is certainly possible.
- Also reliable goal-getters, 1991 European Cup champions Red Star Belgrade haven’t drawn a blank in a competitive game since their first league fixture of the season (W4, D1, L1) and they’re in somewhat familiar territory as they failed to win in the first leg of the second round too, before eventually prevailing.
- However, in that tie, they hosted the second leg so this might prove a trickier test. They’ll surely take comfort knowing they haven’t failed to score on the road in a competitive fixture since December 2020 (W12, D2, L1), although despite that they’ve won just one of their last seven UCL away games (D1, L5), with the last three seeing them score exactly once.
- Players to watch: Sheriff’s Momo Yansané, who bagged a brace from the bench against Dinamo-Auto, has never been on the losing side during a senior game in which he’s scored (W23, D6). Meanwhile, Red Star’s Loïs Diony has scored two first-half UCL goals this term, both were the game’s second goal.
- Hot stat: Red Star are unbeaten in their last eight UCL qualifying second legs that followed a drawn first leg (W3, D5 – outcomes at 90 minutes).
Match Preview: Reading - Middlesbrough Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Greuther Furth 1-3 Bayern Munich Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Sampdoria 0-4 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Salernitana 2-2 Verona Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A