Match Preview: Udinese 3-0 Venezia Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Udinese – Venezia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, August 27, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 2
Kick-off: 17:30 Udinese – Venezia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Udinese – Venezia Match Preview
- Recovering from 2-0 down against Juventus to draw 2-2 was an encouraging start to Udinese’s Serie A (SA) season after selling key players in the summer. Taking advantage of some sloppy Juventus defending, they’ll hope it signals a change in fortunes after an awful end to last term (D1, L4) as they prepare for a first league meeting with Venezia since 2002.
- Seeking a first home SA win since March (D2, L5), ‘I Bianconeri’ will take nothing for granted as they haven’t beaten a newly-promoted side at home in the league across the last two seasons (D2, L4). Struggling against newcomers highlights the inconsistency they’ve shown in recent years, not finishing higher than 12th since 2012/13.
- There’s still quite a gulf between these two clubs though, as since Udinese’s last promotion to SA in 1994/95, Venezia have gone bankrupt three times and were in Serie D as recently as 2015/16. Having worked their way back to the top-flight, they opened their campaign with a tough 2-0 defeat at Napoli, their fourth competitive game in five to feature exactly two goals (W2, D2, L1).
- If the visitors are to avoid an immediate return to Serie B – as happened last time in SA (2001/02) – ‘Gli Arancioneroverdi’ might take confidence from the fact that no second-tier side had a better first-half away record than them last term (HT: W8, D8, L3). However, they’ll need to improve their discipline after conceding two penalties and collecting seven bookings in Naples on the opening machday.
- Players to watch: Roberto Pereyra has scored four goals in Udinese’s last three competitive games, three of them after the 50th minute. Also a potential late threat, Francesco Forte, Venezia’s top scorer last term, netted none of his last five competitive strikes earlier than first-half injury time.
- Hot stat: The opening round of SA matches saw a 63.89% majority of goals scored after HT.