Match Preview: Hertha Berlin 2-1 Greuther Furth Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Hertha Berlin – Greuther Furth Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 17, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 5
Kick-off: 19:30 Hertha Berlin – Greuther Furth
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Hertha Berlin – Greuther Furth Match Preview
- Hertha Berlin finally made their mark this Bundesliga season with a 3-1 win at Bochum last matchday, in what was their first win vs a newly-promoted team across their last five such games (D2, L2) – a good omen as they now take on another top-fight newbie in Greuther Fürth. Those were Hertha’s first points on the board after a terrible start that saw them lose three straight matches, and that’s despite Hertha scoring first in three of their four 2021/22 league games!
- As one of the early season relegation candidates, that win may have eased some fears at the Olympiastadion, and this game vs another side tipped to struggle is a good opportunity for Hertha to shake off any doubts about their top-flight quality. At least a point looks likely too, as last season Hertha lost only two of eight home games against teams that finished in the bottom half (W3, D3, L2).
- Fürth sit rock-bottom after collecting just one point from four games. That’ll bring back memories of their first Bundesliga adventure in 2012/13 which ended in relegation, but worryingly they had three points more at this stage of that season!
- The step up to Germany’s top table has been tough for Fürth who’ve had to deal with two heavy away losses so far, both of which saw them trail 2-0 at HT. That’s a far cry from last season where Fürth ended the Bundesliga 2 campaign as the division’s best away side.
- Players to watch: Suat Serdar scored a first-half brace as Hertha ran out winners vs Bochum – his last five goalscoring games have now seen him net the opener. Meanwhile, Jamie Leweling has scored Fürth’s only league goal from open play so far.
- Hot stat: Hertha have conceded after HT in just one of their previous seven home league games.