Match Preview: Barcelona 1-0 Dynamo Kyiv Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Barcelona – Dynamo Kyiv Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 20, 2021
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3
Kick-off: 17:45 Barcelona – Dynamo Kyiv
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Barcelona – Dynamo Kyiv Match Preview
- The Camp Nou needed a lift at the weekend and Ansu Fati’s dazzling performance inspired a come-from-behind 3-1 win for Barcelona over Valencia. That eased a bit of the pressure on boss Ronald Koeman but the Catalans still remain winless in five UEFA Champions League (UCL) matches (D1, L4). While these back-to-back UCL matches against Dynamo Kyiv remain crucial for their chances of progression, the season’s first ‘El Clásico’ is due at the weekend and is likely to occupy the thoughts of fans and players alike.
- Two straight 3-0 losses in UCL Group E mark the first time since 1972/73 that Barca have lost their first two matches in a European campaign. The Catalan outfit have also lost their last three home UCL matches, their worst losing European home run, and as many defeats as in their previous 74 home UCL matches!
- Top of the Ukraine Premier League standings after a weekend win, Dynamo will set their sights on continental improvement despite starting marginally ahead (one point) of their hosts. However, they are yet to score this UCL campaign and have lost four consecutive H2Hs, including two in last season’s group stages.
- Travelling hasn’t suited Dynamo any better as they remain winless in four away UCL games including three consecutive losses, a run that started with a 2-1 loss here. Losing four away UCL matches for the first time since 2006 looks likely, but the visitors can call upon memories of a 4-0 win here in November 1997, which remains Barcelona’s heaviest home defeat in the Champions League/European Cup.
- Players to watch: While all eyes were on Fati in that Valencia game, Memphis Depay quietly made it three Barcelona wins in his last three goal scoring games. For the visitors, Viktor Tsygankov has memories of scoring at this venue last season and warmed up with a goal at the weekend.
- Hot stat: Barcelona have conceded first in five of their last seven matches.